August 1, 2011

Refocusing on Fiction

I received an email yesterday from a reader of Ockham's Razor.  He thanked me for "the sweetest love story" he's "read in ages" and to "implore" me to "write a sequel."  Such a comment made my day, but I told him that I will leave a sequel to readers' imaginations as I have no plans to write one.  I'm currently working on a fantasy novel, and if the romance is what hooked this particular reader, I informed him there will be plenty.

I took a break from writing fiction while I was in school.  This new novel has been in its early stages for a while; I haven't been focusing on it as much as I'd like.  I probably need to start to focus away from Mormon blogs and forums, which was linked to the project of Ockham's Razor...

I'm also going to start learning Wing Chun (kung fu) today.  I learned and practiced martial arts in my early twenties and now that I'm in my late twenties, it's time to pick up where I left off.  I'm fairly certain the structure and balance I received from martial arts is what got me through writing my first novel (funny how that works).

No comments:

Post a Comment